hindsight...

2 weeks ago - It was two weeks ago that a friend read it on a flight back from Florida and said I needed to read it, and we would talk. This is always a sign to do it. We have a unwritten code to share all things that lead to God directly. I take it seriously.

Wednesday - There was a thread on one of the digi boards about this book, The Shack. It was on the verge of being heated. One who had a degree in bible theory said she had to stop because it was biblical. Others pointed out that is was a work of fiction and thought it was great. The back and forth of the conversation was intriging.

Friday - Found the book at Costco, threw it in the cart and started reading late Friday night. I read 50 pages and couldn't put it down. Yet, the tireds came and my lights went out. I woke up about 2AM, read a bit more. The day came and went, then off to bed only to wake up at 5AM to finish it.

In hindsight, this all makes perfect sense. I have been in a personal battle with some spiritual issues for the last few months and the pieces have come in a certain order that I still have a hard time believing. This has been a process of growth that I didn't see coming until now. Not liking taking one step forward and two steps back - more like going down a different path. Hard to explain but when it happens to you, it just falls all together.

Here is the bottom line - God is bigger than I can comprehend. I have spent most of my believer life thinking I had to know how He worked so I could explain it to others. The last few months have turned that theory completely around. God is bigger than I can explain and more than anyone I could tell, could comprehend. That is the lesson I know now. I don't know how it will change my life but I can feel that it has and there is more to come. As long as there are humans, someone will be trying to explain God completely. I will not be one of them.

And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference
Robert Frost.