grab and go...



It's the middle of the night, you wake up and the fire alarm is going off, this time it isn't the battery. You realize you have a few Moments to get yourself out the door, to safety.

Let's suppose, everyone is out and you have a few minutes to gather some things from the house, what are you going grab?

I imagine we have all had this conversation with ourselves and maybe even have devised some kind of plan but with all of that set aside, what would you really look to save? Used to think I would grab all my photo albums, now I know it would be better to grab the external hard drive with all my photos on it. Always knew that trying to grab my desktop tower would be unrealistic so, my revised plan would be to grab my iPad.

I have never been in a fire and imagine that those who have, could bring better expertise to this table, but perhaps, it may be a good thing to update our mental plan. We can now go to the cloud with our memories and that would free us up and give us time, to grab Something else. Maybe a prepacked suitcase with favorites collected when time was not an issue.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to use the same kind of planning for the things that go on in our head. Not sure I am prepared for that conversation, what stays - what goes. The older I get, the more I see that as a Real Possiblity, but if I do have a choice, I hope I choose well...