seeing...



I love this annual event. Taking paper coffee cups and making spectacular pieces of art. it is about the seeing of what is, what to share with the rest of us, those of us, who can't see, either by not taking the time or seeing the value.

The detail in these pieces is just short of perfection. I never could have imagined coffee cup art before this series came into my sphere of seeing but now, it lead me in different areas. What else is possible if only I can see it? What am I missing? Where could my seeing, take me if I am able to go?

The detail in these works of art, lead me to seeing light. Light as it falls on a couch, the kind of light you can't see unless you are aware of its existence. We are creatures of habit and seeing does not come naturally. It is a muscle that we must exercise to get it to work right. It will respond but only if asked to, it will not work extra hard to get your attention. We must do our part to gleem, to see what is right in front of us. You would think it wouldn't be hard but it is tougher than we think...