majoring in minors...



Coming home from seeing dh's dad this weekend, I caught the tail end of a preacher talking about how we spend alot of time majoring in minors. That could not be more true for me. Wish I could say that is was all in the past but that would be less than truthful, factual or actual.

I've said it before - I am a better person since taking paying careful attention to my grandkids. Learning to see through a child's eyes, has taught me more than I could ever have imagined. When you are raising your own children, you are in a different state of mind - trying to exist, endure and hopefully, survive. You tend to major in minors. Not that kids cause it but they do distort the landscape and make it more difficult to see. We come genetically predisposed to MIM and our lives leave behind little clues, everywhere we go.

The thing is, when you start to see things in a different light, you start ot act in a different way. You carry a lighter load and it is apparent to everyone around you. Some people don't like what they see.

Grow Up ... Act your age...These are the important things (insert current social values here)

I am constantly re-evaluating my majors and minors and making adjustments. It is an on-going process which takes time and commitment. There will always be a Struggle going on, I have to make choices and live with the consequences. I won't always get it right but not for a lack of trying.

We had a great day at the pumpkin festival yesterday. Their faces say it all. We played and we played hard. There were many other things we could have done yesterday but there is Nothing that would have kept me from joining them. Lesson learned - play when you can, fall won't last forever...