seven days...



My feelings about this week are all over the board. It has been a week of tragedy and strength. The Stories that have come my way could best be described as over the top. On any given day, Stories mostly range from 5 to 10. This week, they have all been 10. Maybe it's not the Stories themselves, maybe it is me...

Not ready to take full responsibility yet, as I think back over the last seven days - it has in a sense been, a wild ride. Our world seems to be overwhelmed with grief, actions that can't be explained with a rational explanation and the perverted justice that seems to prevail everywhere. Counter balance tells me a different Story. For the first time ever, this week - a doctor was in the exam room before me. Ok, that has never happened. Seemed weird to me at the time and still does. I had to go to a different doctor yesterday. The last time I went to a doctor twice in the same week was a less than pleasant time so I was reluctant to repeat it but pain will do that to you - make you do things that would never occur to you naturally.

At first, things looked bleak. A woman wanted to give me a tour or the facility. If I was accepted as a patient, this was the Pt room - here are the adjustment rooms, xray and bathrooms. I am serious thinking about bolting at this point. I had just filled out a 5 page information sheet that basically creeped me out. On one of the pages, they wanted to know if I had ever, 1. bought bottled water, 2. belonged to a health club or 3, taken vitamins. On a seperate page, they wanted to know if any relatives, including cousins and in-laws needed attention. I sat, feeling like a trap animal, through the whole process and in the end, came out feeling pretty positive. Today, I even feel a little better.

The pain is a little less today, in my back and my heart. I have followed one of our digi girl's walks thru the death of her 20 year old son in a freak skateboarding accident this week. Her family struggles to let go, knowing that he is with Jesus and not them now. I watched the Amish bury their little girls. The news reported this week that the very night of the shooting, the Amish families went to the gunman's home to extend their forgiveness and console her and her children. I prayed for a while for God to make me Amish - it never happened but a part of me will always idendify with them. I am Amish by nature and I am greatful for it.

Whatever your last 7 days has looked like, I hope there were some pumpkin perfect moments. Yesterday, we wandered around the pumpkin patch and enjoyed the sun on our faces and being together. No better way to spend a day - Happy Friday, love zalaine