parables in pictures.





Woke up this morning and had nothing to think about. A few mornings ago, I had the feeling I was suppose to pray for someone but could never get an exact fix on who or what so I just prayed my favorite prayer...

That you may be immeasureable overwhelmed by the love of Christ, that you are aware of that Love and that you are, never the same.

The words change but the sentiment is always the same. I am perfectly happy, even awed by that prayer. It makes my day...

This morning, I started again, not sure of what direction I was going. This time though, the answer came pretty fast. The Parables, the parables of Jesus. I remembered what Brennan had said a few weeks ago about if you want to know Jesus, study His parables. So I am on a search to do just that. Don't know where it will lead me and don't care. It's all about the Journey and obedience - I 'm up for both. The second thing that popped up was the idea of taking a picture a day for a year.

I take mulitiple pictures. I am a mulitiple picture taker. I take them and then spend hours playing with them. The idea of taking a picture a day is frightening. Being the anal that I am, I know my tendency to want the perfect shot - everyday and I know that is not what this is about. I need to take my same stance on journeys /obedience and apply it here. I need to see the Big Picture and look back a year from now and see what I have learned. As afraid as I am, this has to be life-changing on so many levels.

So, I am starting in a few weeks on Nov 1 and will conclude on Nov 1, 2007. It's on my calendar, ready to go. I want to enjoy the process and not just make sure all the blanks are filled it. Funny about the parables assignment on the same day. I have no doubt that they are connected and that someday, probably Nov 2, 2007 - it will start to make sense.

For now, I've got a camera to charge and some reading to do. Parables and picture taking scare me - my God does not...