saturation...


There are times in our lives that we just hunger for Something More. Something that will satisfy that deep down longing. Scratch that itch that doesn't seem to go away. That is what this weekend was for me and it started Friday afternoon...

Had been trying to go to lunch with Keaton at his school for a week but we couldn't get our plans together. We thought we would try again on Friday and Gage decided he wanted to come too. Keaton was good with that so we stopped at McDee's on the way and and with our Happy Meals in hand, waited for Keaton. We could have sold those 2 HM about 100 times to all the kids who walked by on their way to lunch. " Wish we were having lunch with them" and "Boy, are they lucky", were the remarks we heard as the kids walked into the cafeteria. Then Keaton and his class show up and we all sit together at the 2nd grade table. It is loud and I am opening up everybody's chips and cooky bags. Gage is trying to talk to Keaton and he reachs his arm around his brother as only a brother can. I leave that place a little more convinced of Love that when I got there.

That evening, as I listened to Brenning Manning talk about the love of God, this picture of the boys came to mind. By the time I left the church and headed for home, I was starting to feel the saturation had started. I got home and fell into a deep sleep - reflection would have to wait until tomorrow. I got up early and did my homework and headed back to the church. We had 2 more sessions with Brennan and then home for lunch. As I drove thru Dairy Queen, it felt like I was reentering the world. My saturation now at about 80%. I had felt all along that what I had learned from Brenning Manning 10 or so years ago was Part 1 and this time, it was Part 2. I was older and ready to take on the rest. I wasn't ready the first time - this time I was. I finished out the afternoon and got home about 4PM.

At 5Pm, I was on my way to see Chonda Pierce. If you haven't seen her, take your girlfriends and go. She is funny, will make you laugh and she will also have you in tears. Her Story is one of heartbreak and redemption. She talks about menopause and clinical depression allinthesame sentence. We laughed with her and we felt her pain. It was a wonderful evening.

At this point, my saturation is at 110%. It is almost 10PM and crashing is all I have on my mind. Yesterday took all my energy just to get around. As I played with Keaton, Gage and Morgan, I was revitalized and the saturation started to take it proper place. Saturation is only valuable if there is action involved. I don't know how that is going to look in the coming days but I am looking forward to the process. It has to do with living out at my deepest core that God wants intimacy with me more than anything I can do for him. It has to do with understanding that the Fear of the Lord is about silent wonder and radical amazement and it's about understanding there are not too many times in a day that I can say, Abba, I belong to you...