Favoritism...









I'm in the middle of a two day sleepover marathon and this is what we did at the first one. Dropped off my picture taking boy and picked up my shopper boy. There will no chasing ducks or spending lots and lots and lots of time at Cabela's like yesterday. Their interests are as diverse as can be. Same mom and same dad but they couldn't be more different. For me, I love their differences and they both have everything I can give them.
One thing I can say about my bio family - there never was any favoritism between my sister and I - we were treated equally crummy. I never understand those letters in Ann Landers column where grandparents obviously have their favorites, even the kids notice. As Gage said last night while we were trying to find something within our gift card limit and he found a stuffed bear that cost $400 - What is wrong with those people? I think people think that God loves Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and Oprah better because of their fame and fortune. Conversely, if something Bad happens - they think God is after them.
We all come with our wonders and our disgraces, It is not God who has the problem but ourselves. Why would anyone choose to limit themselves by exercising such an emotion? Seems senseless to me. I so enjoyed my time with Mr G today - he announced he is having pancakes for breakfast on Thanksgiving because he doesn't want to eat turkey. He has become a protector of all things bird. We have a lot of birdie-free chicken that we get from Walmart. He seems to enjoy the taste. Whatever floats your boat...
Tomorrow will be a whole different experience. We will shop til we drop and go non-stop. I am so looking forward to my time with Mr K. Not sure I will get a picture and if I don't, that is fine. The 100 or more that I took today will get me through. Perspective is a beautiful thing...