Tis the Season...


DD and I went for pedicures today. It was her birthday gift to me and I so enjoy spending time with my little big girl.

We visited with our Ped Girls, talked about everything under the sun. Black Friday, men shopping on Christmas Eve, girl pampering and polish color. After much deliberation, we went with Rudy because it had diamond flecks and after all, tis the season. Makes me feel like Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz. Let the Christmas season begin, I don't want to miss a thing - like I did last week...
The same group that moved the convicts in our neighborhood have their very own theatre company. Between Heaven and Hell was the first production of the new Ex-Inmate Theatre with more to come. Adapted from Peter Kreeft's work, it is a tale of a fictional meeting between John F. Kennedy, C.S. Lewis and Aldous Huxley who died within of hours of each other on Nov 22, 1963, A fictional meeting of the minds, somewhere in eternity.
I pass the safe house every time I leave the subdivision. I pray for them as I do for those who live next door. I would have considered going to see their play. I don't think you would call it softening but with the Christmas season upon us, I am trying to figure out if we can work this whole thing out. NHCH decided after our neighborhood meeting, that they will let city officials know when they are moving into a neighborhood. That is a start. If these people are going to reenter the lifestream of the community, there needs to be some education and the fears of others, need to be addressed. Would a play help? Don't think it could hurt.
One of the men explained his thoughts this way, For myself, a big part of this is giving back, because so much of what we did took away from the community. Yes, it did. And for some, it still is. Time will tell if this will work and each side will have to do their best to get along but for this season, may we all remember the Reason for the Season...