Red walls and funky music...

The middle school cafeteria was packed. It seemed that people were trickling in a few a a time and by the time the moderator stood up at the podium, it was a packed house. It was apparent that if this halfway house thought they were going to move into the neighborhood unnoticed, they were mistaken.

Mistaken as they may seem, one thing was certain - they had done their homework. Bottom line - they are here to stay, They are covered by the Federal Disabilities Act and no city, county or state law can supersede federal law. It would appear that our neighborhood has no option but to accept what we have been scared to admit. The world is changing and we have to change with it.

Today I had vowed not to get dressed, not to answer the phone or turn on my computer. I wound up getting dressed, answering the phone a few times and when I did fire up my computer, there was an email I didn't expect..

... Acceptance vs. fighting - when do you put on the gloves and when do you say 'give it up'. and an invitation to my favorite coffee hang out with red walls and funky music.

I looked at my wall canvas and decided it was time to live a little and I am ever so grateful I did...