Happy Everything...


Today is DH's first day off since Sept 3. Really and truly. Just have a few errands to run and hope to be able to take it easy for a few days. He is looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner and a quiet house on Black Friday. The Plan now is for Brandi, Keaton and I to hit the mall at 1AM Friday. Not because of good deals or because we need anything - just for fun. We haven't told Keaton yet but he will think he has won the Big People lottery. Not sure what the Plan will be after that but don't see much sleep on the horizon.
Saturday is the only day with no assigned designation. This is traditionally, our big family weekend. On Sunday, I will celebrate my 56th birthday. Monday, our 36th wedding anniversary. DH has a long workday on Monday. It really is ok - there can be no greater gift than to have someone who have spent 36 years with. That is celebration enough. He is such a lucky man - as I continue to remind him most every day And how could he not forget his anniversary - the day after my birthday. I would like to say he has not had a problem doing so the last 36 years but that would not be the case but you have got to understand - I am high maintenance and he has done a fine job keeping up with me.
Looking forward to a little R&R, a little holiday cheer and looking back at how far I've come. I have learned so much since last Thanksgiving weekend. It is always amazing to me that things that seemed so important - that no longer do. The things that seemed fatal - that I can't even remember now. The things that I never thought would happen - that have and those new things that I have yet to see.
I always think about the families who have lost someone this last year. While it may seem there is no room for Thanksgiving, there really is. We came here with few guarantees in this life but great hope for the next. If there is an empty chair at your table this year, give Thanks for the time and memories you did share. Celebrate thru the tears.
My deepest wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. May your hearts and tummies be full, may your spirit soar and may a few surprises come your way. See you Tuesday...love zalaine.