2009 so far...



Almost 50 days in to 2009. Doesn't seem like it has been that long. I remember thinking that life as we have known it, would be different. The economy is about where I thought it would be. Finding out that TARP 1 was mainly for CEO's to take out huge severance packages really came as a somewhat of a surprise. I assumed( my first mistake) that there was some kind of accountability built in but obviously, not. I sure didn't see Kansas and California deciding to suspend issuing tax refunds - didn't know they had the desecration to make that call. If you like to get a big refund every year, you may want to rethink that plan.

I also didn't see the price of gas going up again. Somewhat of a shock - was hoping to do some yard saling this summer, will have to wait and see.

Noticed that BlockBuster video is gone. That I did see coming - all we have left locally is Hollywood and at $4.50 a movie,I am guessing they are not far behind Blockbuster. Our choices are dwindling.

DH has had the last 3 Sundays off and that has been a great unexpected benefit - for however long it last. He has got to see his gks and have a life. We both love it.

There was snow on the ground this morning and I hope that is the end of it. I realize the calendar still says winter but sure am ready for Spring. A little sunshine is good for the soul.

2009 has been somber so far. Everyday there is another company going out of business or having massive layoffs. Vacant buildings and empty storefronts are everywhere you go.I got together with some digi girls today for coffee and we talked about paper scrapping and its future. It can easily cost $20 to do one page - can't imagine how many people can still afford to do it. Time to look at digi - as we say, Welcome to the Dark Side.

That is the long view - the short view is today is really what it is all about. Telling somebody you love them or taking pictures of kids who needed to get out and work off some energy. make a little dinner and listen to the hum of the dryer. It was a good day - 2009 so far, so good...