Love is...what does mine look like?



We hear it at most weddings, many sermons and lots of Places in between. Most of us can recite most or all of it from heart. My thinking is we are all better at talking than doing.

Or maybe it is just me. The hammer/nail thing. When we tell someone we love them, we meant it. Not in the Corinthians Way, more like our own way and that way is whatever we might be feeling at the time. It is easy to love when everything is going well and we are the the huggy Moment but for the rest of the 24 hours and 59 minutes of the day, trying to keep up with the Corinthians type of love, seems at best - too much.

We have a lot on our minds these days. Life is tough and there is so much hanging over our heads. It occurred to me that my favorite ice cream store, Coldstone may not be around long and if I want Cake Batter ice cream, I better get it soon. At almost $5 for a 2 scoop bowl, I imagine their future similar to Starbucks and that ain't good. If I am honest, I probably have feelings about ice cream closer to the C passage than I have people. Sad at very best.

Whether I am upset with DH which hardly ever happens,or the two people who pulled out in front of me this weekend in a 2 block time frame - my love, at many times is neither patient, or kind - not to mention less than jealous, arrogant or boastful. If Love never fails, it does with me but it is not Loves' fault, it is mine.

I am acutely aware of my state of Love today and I am not proud. I have much room for improvement and even more room to make it better. Not for others but for me. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. There is no way anyone could misinterpret or not understand what to do. The issue is doing it and maybe we start with asking for more desire instead of what we have been doing that isn't working out too well. All I know is that today, I am aware, willing and praying for more desire. It is a start and for me, a big one...