all in the Family...




I had my fill of news by 7Am so I started channel surfing and landed on Archie Bunker's old TV comedy, All In The Family. Those most certainly were the days. As I watched and started smiling at all the un PC, I couldn't help but wonder what Archie Bunker would think of President Obama.

We must have watched this show quite a bit when DD was young. She was just starting to talk and we couldn't understand this sentence that she would say over and over and over. Finally one night, DH says, she is saying Archie Bunker goes phssssss. Another of life's great mystery's solved. I know Archie is gone but his SIL, Meathead is still around and like it or not, Mike had the ability to have alot of Archie rub off on him. I would love to see him in Archie's old chair talking about President Obama and how the world has changed.

Ever wish someone from one generation who has passed could see what you are seeing? I have thought about my father - he would be proud to see the good part of his heritage, carry on. He would love it when Gage growls or Morgan is a princess or to see Keaton's loving heart. Being a lifelong God disbeliever, the same day that he died - we had to move him out of his apartment. It was mostly a clean up process that DH and my dear friend helped me with. What little we did keep went into his car. When we started up the car, the radio came on and it was on the only local Christian radio station we had then. We all looked at each other in utter disbelief, not quite registering what we were hearing. No one had access to the car, it could only have been him.

I filed this in my mental Miracle file but never had expectations of anything more. Still don't but is sure makes you think, you absolutely do not know it all. It doesn't change everything else I know to be true but it does shake you up a little. Keaton and Gage have asked me about him and I have been very vague about him and the rest of my family history but I can't help but think, had he known these little bundles of love, he would have seen the Love in its total fullness. Now Archie Bunker, that is a horse of a different color - might have taken a extreme bolt of lighting...