superbowl Sunday...





Realizing that at times, I live on a complete different planet as most - superbowl Sunday only holds one interest for me - the commercials. I love commercials, almost in an unnatural way. My favorite right now is the Nextel commmercial, What if Delivery people ran the world. Commercials make me smile all over. Ignoring the ones that never should have been brought out in public, The rest are just eyecandy for the soul.

So, once a year - I look forward to a whole new rash of ones with some sports thrown in between. For most people, superbowl is about food and football. They start their parties early. This neighborhood party started 6 hours before the game. What do you do for all that time? No commercials to watch and you can only eat so much food - maybe that is when they paint their faces and chest with paint. Don't know and don't want to. I am just in it for the TV.

Knowing that the economy will make a difference when a 30 sec commercial has cost over 2 million in the past, I hope they don't skip on quality. Hopefully, this has forced them to become more creative which will be a win-win for both of us. It is times like this that I wish I had a reverse DVR that would record only the commercials. Must look into it but as for today, I will have to run in when the sponsors break away and then listen for the next station break. Let's hope it iw worth all that trouble...

PS. Favorite of the night - Heroes cast singing Joe Cocker's, Feeling Alright.