on a scale from 1-10...




We all use this universal scale most days. The doctor asks us to rate our pain, we ask the kids how bad their tummy ache is so we can decide if they need to stay home from school. Maybe we don't always use those exact words.Sometimes it is the More Likely scale but the theory is the same. Every time we sign up for unemployment benefits, you have to take the How Are We Doing quiz and rate them on 20 some items, from 1-10. The way I answer is always the same.

On a scale from 1-10, rate these people as TV interviewers.

10...David Letterman
1....Oprah
10...Jay Leno
1....Larry King
10...Chris Hansen
10...Brian Williams
1....Katie Couric
10...David Letterman
10...David Letterman
10...David Letterman

Do you see a pattern? If you saw Letterman last night with former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, you would understand. I have long suspected that Dave is brilliant and that is my point. While I appreciate 2 thru 9, for me it's either all or nothing. If you are looking for a 5 from me, time to move on - nothing to see here. The older I get the less time I have to not be either all in or leave it for someone else. I am not saying this is right, it just is. Everyday we all get a chance to get on the scale and give it our best - take the opportunity to be fully in, you won't regret it...