Dec 13...



No problem, we still have almost 2 weeks until Christmas. I can now say, I am done shopping and wrapping. Every year I have had separate colored paper for Keaton, Gage and Morgan. This year, every package has the same paper, bow and tag. I didn't realize what a stroke of genius this really was until this weekend. They were here for the last two evenings and it was driving them crazy. By the time they left Friday night, all the tags had been turned over trying to see which ones belonged to them. We were trying to take a Christmas picture and had moved furniture and gifts so they took an opportunity to check out sizes and shapes.

Last night there was no present searches - but they were still ready for Dec 25. I understand their pain. I don't like surprises and have been known to open and re wrap. Not something I am proud of but it is the way I roll. This year, everyone will have to read the name on the tag - even Morgan recognizes her name and her brothers. The days of pink, green and blue Christmas paper are gone.

For most of us, this coming week will be filled with some kind of holiday events so we can save next week for Christmas chaos. We have Miss M's school program on Tuesday and I have my annual Shopping trip with a dear friend where we conquer more in 1 day than most do in a week. Power shopping with a little Fa La La La La thrown in for good measure. Whatever the week brings for you, I wish you peace and hope...and a bit of twinkle, just because.