kids and Christmas...



If we could all semi agree for a few seconds that at least some of Christmas has to do with a child why is it that the only kids program I will go to this year is a school functioned one? While she was the cutest partridge in a pear tree you have ever seen, I feel like I am missing something.

If churches don't see the validity of a Christmas program with children, I am not sure I want to go there. I have heard all the arguments or mainly one. Nobody wants to take on the responsibility of organizing and implementing a kids Christmas program. I will tell you if I had an ounce of musical ability, I would take my turn. While I did once consider a career as a professional hummer, I didn't get very far. I didn't realize at the time that there was not a demand, at all for hummers. I was good, I knew it but sometimes it is just not enough to be good, or even very good.

Miss M could not have been more excited about tonight and the smile on her face tells the whole Story. She marched up on Santa's lap and told him what she wanted with no hesitation what so ever. It was a glorious night and she had a cheering section that was second to none. We took up a pew and 1/2. She wanted to invite more but her mommy explained that other kids had families too. She took it like a pro.

With the background of the cross, these kids belted out the songs they had loving learned and practiced with Miss Brandi and Miss Shelli. They sang their hearts out and we clapped until our hands hurt. If you don't see the child in Christmas, go looking for it. It will change your perception of what the true meaning of Christmas is. and a child will lead them. Let yourself be lead...