miracles...



Autistic artist Stephen Wiltshire took a twenty-minute helicopter ride over Manhattan. Then he sketched the entire skyline from memory. Every building was correct and drawn to scale! He's also done panoramic memory drawings of Tokyo, Rome, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Madrid, Dubai, Jerusalem and London. A cup of Joe.

Christmas isn't just about giving and receiving. It is also about miracles. We never understand miracles. Can't explain how, when or why. We scratch our heads and wonder if they are real. Oh, they are really alright.

Miracles all have the Big Bang effect even if we are unable to see it. A small miracle has the same bang as a small one, the only difference is our perception. I never use to enter anything. Would go out of my way, refusing to under the assumption that I would never win. While I have not been on a contest entering binge, my anthem now is, Someone has to - it might as well be me.

While that may not seem like a Big Deal, you can't imagine how it has impacted my life in non- miralce ways. It has spilled over into my understanding and I can see the difference in myself.

One of my favorite Christmas songs is 4HIM's, What A Strange Way To Save The World.

Sure he must have been surprised
At where this road had taken him
'Cause never in a million lives
Would he had dreamed of Bethlehem
And standing at the manger
He saw with his own eyes
The message from the angel come to life
And Joseph said...

(CHORUS)
Why me, I'm just a simple man of trade
Why Him, with all the rulers in the world
Why here inside this stable filled with hay
Why her, she's just an ordinary girl
Now I'm not one to second guess what angels have to say
But this is such a strange way to save the world

To think of how it could have been
If Jesus had come as He deserved
There would have been no Bethlehem
No lowly shepherds at His birth
But Joseph knew the reason
Love had to reach so far
And as he held the Savior in his arms
He must have thought...

(CHORUS)

Now I'm not one to second guess what angels have to say
But this is such a strange way to save the world
...this is such a strange way to save the world...

Miracles, I look for them every day now...