StoryPeople

While the sugarplum vision is swirling around in my head, I need some RealLife perspective. I discovered StoryPeople a while back and can't seem to get enough fo these little gems. I scrap with them and I live them. They make me a better person and are pushing the creative button in a good way. I heart you StoryPeople...

I think you love people until you get to understand them, she said & I said, what happens then? & she said, o, that's when you move away.

If there is any secret to this life I live, this is it: the sound of what cannot be seen sings within everything that can. & there is nothing more to it than that.

How hard is it to make stuff up? she said. Not hard at all, I said. The real trick is knowing to stop before you get confused

She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short.

I used to be pretty clear on what was real & what I made up, but with everything going on in the world, none of that seems to matter, so I just decided to talk less & smile to myself more, so as not to add to the general confusion

Each night, all the years we were growing up, she sat in the big yellow rocking chair & pieced together our lives with countless stitches of her silver needle.

When do you get to be a grown-up? she said. When you can read & write & lie without laughing, I said & her eyes got big & she said she didn't know it was that hard

I always wanted to invent something that would move around & make funny noises & would change the world as we know it & I forgot all about that until we had kids & now I see I came pretty close.

Is there a lot of stuff you don't understand? she said & I said pretty much the whole thing & she nodded & said that's what she thought, but it was nice to hear it anyway & we sat there in the porch swing, listening to the wind & growing up together.

My grandmother was big & solid. My grandfather was tall & thin. They looked an unlikely couple. I asked them once how they ended up together. My grandmother said she won him fair & square in an arm-wrestling match. My grandpa just smiled. I let you win, he said.

Are you a princess?I asked and she said, I'm much more than a princess but you don't have a name for it yet here on earth.

My favorite thing is being your lap while we sit there together and love the whole world.

and my favorite one to date,

You may not remember the time you let me go first or the time you dropped back to tell me it wasn't that far to go or the time you waited at the crossroads for me to catch up. You may not remember any of those times but I do and this is what I have to say to you...Today, no matter what it takes, we ride home together