hope...



I bought this little hope sign a month ago and got it out last Friday when we were taking Christmas pictures of the kids. Since that night, every time I turn around, I see hope. Not literally but have been inundated by the theme of hope.

Hope never felt like a good thing to me. From my perspective, hope equals a lack of belief. If one believed, hope would not be necessary. Seeking hope would be a sign of weakness and that would be something to avoid at all costs.

Wiktionery defines hope as The belief or expectation that something wished for can or will happen. . Sounds a lot like a miracle to me. Maybe my perspective is out of whack. Thinking I need to redefine hope in my sphere of understanding or at the very least, try to link hope with miracle.

I do so believe that there is so much out there that can and will happen. Out of my control but not my understanding, my perception of what is possible, grows everyday. Through connections and relationships of people I see, the excitement of the possibility lived out through those around me and the growing sense that there is much to be experienced if I am only willing.

You could say it is because of the holidays and the emotion of the Season but I choose to believe that come January - I will still be singing the Song.