focus...



One of my non resolutions is to focus a bit more. Not because it is a new year but mainly because there is more time to think, reflect in January. Lots more time with no holidays breathing down your neck and you have to do Something while snuggling under that blanket.

It sort of snuck up on me. Realized that I want to take a different direction with my photography and at least for now, am heading a different direction. Time for me and photography to duke it out a bit. Looking for emotion and going to follow wherever that leads.

For me, the creative part of taking photos is to have 30% of the picture out of focus. To cut out what doesn't tell part of the Story - to do a background fade of what I don't need to see so I can focus on what I do need to see. It is harder to see clear when the whole picture is in focus - it is almost impossible to find what I need because of the distraction.

DH's boss who always reminds him, Call me and remind me - I night see Something Shiny! His way of saying, he gets sidetracked...alot. While I would like to think I am always on the straight and narrow and able to focus on a dime, I am not sure I could sell it. When I look through the lens, I know what I am looking for - wish it was that easy in Real Life.

I want to be ready for the good Shiny and less swayed by the unnecessary Shiny but alas, I am human and that will not always be possible. There is nothing wrong with being more focused. A good balance and a bit of good sense is all I am asking. Doesn't seem like too much - does it?