torn...



The photos from Haiti are haunting...Michelle Obama
The people of Haiti want you to know they are not photo ops...Wycleff Jean

Beside the raging infection screaming through my every route in my body, this week has me a bit weary. How does one get hold on to any point of reference when the worst news in the world is an aftershock in Haiti and that a Republican won a Senate seat for the first time in over 50 years?

Heard that the earthquake in Haiti was 100 times worst than Katrina. For me, that would certainly put it as a more important event than the Democrats losing their 60th vote in the Senate and it should never have happened. Really?

Got to admit, I believe that Wycleff Jean has a point. A few nights ago, Anderson Cooper helped a boy who had been hit from above by an intentional thrower with a big piece of concrete. What the people of Haiti need now is immediate help. Money won't help in the Now but we need to help for ourselves and money is the only thing that makes us feel better. Makes us feel better - not the Haitian people, us. I fmoney would fix Haiti, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett would come charging in on their white horses and save the day but even they know that is not the solution. If the experts are right about Haiti and Katrina - what chance does the country of Haiti have for rebuilding considering the slow process of Katrina. WE have good intentions but the reality is not so clear.

It must be all the congestion.
Tomorrow it will all make sense, I am sure.
but Tomorrow isn't here yet.
So for today, I will not be torn and thrown about by every wind
and will focus on what I can do.

Pray for those given to me, Anytime, Anywhere, Anyone
Speak a kind word to a stranger.
Love those I am around today.

Leaving Haiti to One way smarter, stronger and bigger than me. We all have played the Rescuer in someone's life. Done in a healthy way, it is the way it was meant to be. To make ourselves the ultimate Rescuer, is trouble - for them and for us. Long time ago, I penned the comment, You can't save everybody. The truth is, we can't save anybody - no matter how good our intentions. Maybe being better people will affect things we can't even imagine now. That is the place I am hanging my hat today...