This is it...


We all make hundreds or choices a day. Most of them, we are unaware of. Some take some thought, because of potential conflict in consequences and a few, take a great deal of thought and no matter what we choose, lasts a lifetime.


I have had to make this choice three times in my life, twice in the last 2 months. . Found out Monday night that DH's uncle who passed away last week, was to be laid to rest on Wednesday. I physically cringed when I got the call. I had something on the calendar for several weeks that I could not miss. Keaton is to going to receive a reward. He asked if I would be there - haven't missed one yet.

You bet Son, I will be there.

I talked to DH and he said Go, it is my family - I will take go. In my heart, I knew what I had to do. My reference points for any given day is, At the end of day, what can I live with?. For many reason, I will be at Chief Joseph tomorrow while my husband is at his uncle's funeral. If you know my Story, you know this is tough because the same thing happened when my MIL passed away and I felt and feel so bad about leaving him to bury his mother. That was also a no-brainer - my daughter was 9 months pregnant and having unrelated major surgery which could have brought on Gage's arrival. I will live with some guilt for not being there for my husband but wouldn't have done anything differently. I could not have lived with myself if I had made a different choic.e

So we went to Uncle Elbert's viewing tonight and I spent time with the family. I came home and a small sense of peace fell over me. I had rented Micheal Jackson's, This Is It earlier in the day, not knowing if we would get to it but ready just in case. I spent the next 2 hours on the edge of my seat. I echo a friend's observation about missing it when it was in theatres... I could kick myself for not going. I felt the same way and couldn't wait for the video to come out.

It brought not only a wonderful, magical musical Journey but a huge peace hovered and landed over my soul. Life is short, Life is precious and we have to embrace every moment. I hope no one finds himself in this position but if you do, remember -This Is It and do what you can live with because you will, for the rest of your life...