this time...



Music is a big part of most of us. I have known a few people who couldn't stand the sound of music and always find that unbelievable. Music is woven in and out of the bible. With joy as its personal pronoun, music can take you from now to wow in a few seconds.

Last week I found This Time by John Legend and haven't been able to shake it still. While on the outside, it would appear to be about boy/girl Love but as with all Love, the bottom line - Love always points back to God. From Bridge Over Troubled Waters to This Time, you can't help but see past to the obvious.

This Time is about understanding and accepting that we have second chances every day. Every day we open our eye is a chance for a new beginning. To chance, to grow and to forgive yourself so that you can move on. Without the forgiveness you get in a place like Pat Roberstson and that is no where any God fearing person, wants to be.

It's starting to hit me,
now you're not with me.
I realize I made a mistake,
thought that I needed some space.
But I just let Love go to waste.
It's so crystal clear now,
that I need you hear now.

This time I want it all,
showing You all the cards
giving you all my heart
This time. I'll take a chance.
This time, I’ll be a man...


If you need to, forgive yourself today. Understand that you have another chance and a next time. Ask for His love to wash you clean and give you a push to try again. Your, This Time, is just there for the asking...