generous...



generous

1.Willing to give and share unsparingly.
2.Not petty in character and mind.
3.More than adequate.
4.(literally) Of noble birth.

This definition really surprised me. I would have imagined that a financial reference would have been in first or second place and most certainly, in the top 4.

This is very good news. What a wonderful definition of just about anything. Which of us wouldn't want this as a personal definition. I have got to tell you that I know several that fit this very ideal. While none are of noble birth, as far as I know, they could not fit a more perfect definition of generous. I am honored to have them in my lives. I don't deserve them but they are there. They are generous to a fault.

Got a call from an old friend tonight. She was asking about a mutual friend who is not in contact with either of us. She wanted to know if anything was wrong. I explained and she understood. We chit chatted a while and it was more than lovely to catch up with her. I need to call her back and get together. She and and her husband raised their grandson as their own and are now reaping giant benefits. They all just got back from the Fiesta Bowl where her boy who plays defense, came home with a more than adequate ending. The best part, we picked up our relationship right where we left off last time. Another sign of a generous nature.

I also know people who have left generous people behind. I refer to it as, let's see how do I say this? One who poops in their dinner plate. If you have someone in your life who is of a generous nature and you let them go, you are not only a fool but one I wouldn't want to eat dinner with.

We all have to make many choices every day. If generous is involved, choose wisely...