value - over and under...



Taking care of one's self is somewhat overrated. When you finally decide that you have got use to breathing and you can't - time to go to the doctor. After weeks of every OTC meds known to man, I give up, I can't outrun this thing. Believe me, I have tried.

They lied.
Ok, they were affordable, and great care but in and out, not so much.

Two and half hours later, I was on my way to the pharmacy to spend another hour. I do complain more when I am not feeling well and guess whose fault that is?

I thought I could out run it.
I thought it wouldn't last 8 weeks.
Giving up is the smartest thing I have done.

I made a new friend who is also a nurse practitioner. We don't plan to see each other again but if I need her, I know where to look. She took better care of me than I did. Nothing to be proud of.

I've got a load of meds to healing my multiple infections. It will take a while. Because of the swallowing thing, I have to take a huge dose of kids med but it will be fine. Why is it so tough to take care of myself? I kept thinking, I could have bought an new Ipod for what all this costs. I know I am worth the cost of a Ipod but boy, you would think I would be smarter.

Overvaluing. Watched A&E's, Hoarters last night and cleaned out 2 closets early this morning. One more to go. The show councils there are 3 million people who have this mental complusion disorder where garbage and diamonds are given the same value. As I cleaned out the hall closet, I thought about what I had and what I needed. What is important and what is not. What do I overvalue and what do I undervalue - looks like I have some work to do...