the selling of one's self...




Have been mulling this over for a few weeks and today I took the plunge. After much internal debate with the Powers That Be, the proposal was submitted - now, for the wait.

I created a job position, wrote up the trial proposal and submitted it for review. It has nothing to do with being creative but goes back to my working days roots. After I hit the send button, I realized once again, it is not about the outcome but it is, all about the Journey.

The work place has changed in the 12 years I have been gone but the reality is, I am more comfortable in this world. I have a few more years under my belt and I understand how in business, like in life - we all just want to be heard.
A customer wants to a point person, someone they can depend on for the duration of a business relationship. They want to be able to understand clearly and they want to ask questions. My proposal was a 60 day trial period. There has to be value for the one who will be signing my paycheck. There will have to be a significant value to them to continue and after the trial period, they will know. Just like I would know if I was in their shoes.

However this turns out, I am good. It is nice to know that the old brain still works and in some ways, works better than than it did 12 years ago. Good proposal? Would I hire myself? In a New York minute, just saying...