the beginning of summer...



Week one - mommy has surgery, stuck inside, might as well get a pedicure...

That is the attitude we like to see, the positive side of a less than desirable week. Tough as it may have seemed, they certainly found more than a few ways to entertain themselves. Miss M was more than generous with manicures and pedicures, complete with gum-smacking conversation that was a bit too Real.

We all found ways to entertain ourselves. I had the pleasure of taking care of my family. I love to cook and having all these people to cook for, put me in heaven. Sounds crazy but I would cook for them every night if I could. Something so satifying about a making a meal - it really is comfort food for the soul.

Next week, mommy will feel better and we will be on the move. Swim and tennis lessons should take care of quite a bit of their free time and on Friday, poppa's surgery will take up all of nana's time.

We are just on the verge. Birthdays are flying all around us and 4th of July is just around the corner. Looking forward to fall but will love all that summer is and brings. Visions of lemonade and watermelon are dancing in my head and that, is just the beginning...