the bottom line...




I have had a million thoughts about food.
I have had at least that many experiences with food.
I have read a million articles on food.
I have had at least that many conversations about food.

And here is what I think is the bottom line...

You either Live to Eat or Eat to Live.

We live in one of these two camps, every minute of our lives. There is no neutral territory, no safe zone. Every Moment of your life, every single one - you are buried deep in one of these two camps.

In saying that I also believe that you can switch camps, in an instant. Either for short or long periods of time. In less than a nano second, you can go from the philosophy of one camp, directly to the other. Make no mistake, these are two distinct and couldnotbemoredifferent camps. Don't let the word swap fool you. These two camps are diversely opposite, their priorites are different on all fronts. Their values are both compelling, hence the camp jumping.

I have spent 99% of my life in one particular camp. At this very Moment, I am happily hanging out there, now. The older I get, this camp just makes me happy and I find myself, wanting to be happy. I am sitting with my homies, enjoying the fire and roasting marshmellows. We are laughing, telling jokes and passing the graham crackers around. Had a english muffin yesterday, it was heavenly.

Also can report that this week, I spent a bit of time in the other camp. They make so much sense and I enjoyed my time there very much. They are kind, wonderful people and make you feel like you are an important part of their family, what else could a girl want?

Somehow, knowing this makes the whole concept, easier. It may never change anything but understanding where one is in any given Moment explains a lot... Kumbaya.