joy to the world...


We all know the bibical Story of Christmas, whether we believe it or not. As a kid, it seemed as unlikely a Story as the whole idea of God. It never stayed on my radar for long but it was ingrained in every holiday I have ever had.

The truth is, we don't know that Jesus was born on December 25. We don't know if it was ice cold or swealtering hot. The basics are what we have and everything else is just speculation.

I am good with the speculation. The Story itself, seems like such an improbable tale. An unmarried girl and a man who takes her as his wife, anyway. No place to stay and having to give birth in a small, covered shelter in the midst of barn animals.

The Story of the shephards and their travel to see the new baby, seems highly unlikely yet I see it as truth. The Story stands by itself, any speculation on my part would add nothing to the conversation. I accept it as it stands.

Let my mind go free with this page tonight. Kept adding and tweeking until there was nothing more to add. In art, all is subjective. It doesn't change the truth. Does it add to it? Perhaps. Art could be explained as the marriage of what we know with what we don't know. Art imitating life, a truer statement may not be said...