Santa...


Whatever your sense of who Santa is and how he fits into your life, it is tough to ignore him.

There have been times in my life when he was worth, everything. My sister and I use to go to bed early Christmas Eve, talking 2 in the afternoon, and trying to sleep until Christmas morning. That's commitment.

Even after all these years of knowing the real meaning of Christmas, he is still special to me. There is Something strangely comforting about someone dressed in a big, red costume - breaking into your home, dropping a bag of presents, eating the snacks and obviously, cleaning up after himself that never makes you think, that is creepy.

Usually, one who has a hard time seperating the Real from the not so real Christmas Story but this year is different. Whether caroling or shopping or being bombared by retail elves, there is no war inside of me. I am trying ot enjoy every song, light, decoration or internet Christmas home tours. The twinkling light that DH HAD to have, which in itself is a gift, remind me that there is a bit of a child in all of us.

Keaton knows about Santa and Gage is cynical enough to get it but Miss M is still in full Santa mode. The cool thing is even when you grow up, Christmas can be a magical time, if you try. With less than 2 weeks to go, I am all in. No time to waste. Christmas 2011, I love ya...