where your treasure is...


I have lots of photos in every room of my house. Lots.

Every photo that has gotten wall space is done in black and white. All but the kids room, nothing but color in that room.

I will probably never have one of the photos made into a canvas, I change photos out too often. No sense in spending lots of money on a print because more than likely, it will be replaced soon. The first few times I replaced a photo with the a new one, I had the hardest time throwing the last favorite away. Finally decide that it would be good for family history to layer the photos, behind the frame. Someday, there will be a treasure tove of Photos of Old, with the newest - front and center.

16 x 20 is my choice of size these days.Tonight's new batch added a new layer to one frame and a new frame that will start its own legacy. This one hangs in the kids room, the other - a black and white collage of the 3 Smith's of 2011, stands against the wall in our family room.

Treasures all over the house, hidden yet waiting to be rediscovered and reloved. Someday, all things will be new again, never so much as with those things we keep close to our hearts...