easter...


It is early in the morning, sleep is in short supply.

Soon, there will a church service. Then a family dinner and Easter baskets. This year, we will also be celebrating a birthday. Much going on, like every Easter. The boys and I spent last night at a local Easter pageant, No Greater Love. We know the Story yet Gage had many, many detailed questions. He was trying to put together what he knew with what he was seeing. He wanted a timeline From Palm Sunday to Easter. He wanted to know about BC and AD. His favorite part was not the soldiers dragging Jesus away, like I would have imagined or the thunder and lightning as the son of God was dying on the cross. His favorite part was when Jesus, so brillantly played by Dave Mangum, arose to heaven.

NGL celebrates it 33rd year of production. Dave Mangum has been these for every one of them. I didn't read the program until I got home but this year, is his last. I am so glad we went this year, it will never be the same without him. It is always feels weird when you see him about town, like at the grocery store. Once I saw him get out of his car, a Grand Am. We owned the same kind of car and I remember smiling to myself, thinking I own the same car as Jesus!

33 years. I think it is no coincidence that Dave chose to retire. The time had come. Thank you Dave for all your years of being Jesus in human form to us. Jesus, thank you for being in human form, for us...