walking each other home...


We're all just walking each other home. Anne Lamott.

While the age old Story of Easter never changes year to year, our lives do. Some Easter are more memorable for reasons ranging from incredibly wonderful to extremely terrible. Whatever is going in our lives, reflects at each holiday and that is the way we remember them. Like it or not, that is just Real Life.

The first many years of Easter, were all about the bunny, No church, no dinners, just the bunny. When that is all you have, it is a Big Deal. Later on, I would understand what I imagined church people did on Easter and was pleasantly surprised that the Easter Bunny was still included. You can imagine my onw personal surprise when the year we started the church, I was the Easter Bunny. That elation would quickly turn as I realized how many little kids were deathly afraid of my beloved Easter Bunny.

Have had the opportunity to do quite a bit of reflection this week. Of those who are in my life,and of those things that are touching my every day. The boys and I are going to No Great Love Saturday night. An local Easter pageant where the man who plays Jesus has done so for some 30 years. He works out year around for the Moment on the cross. We know the story, yet to see it played out, we walk away with Something New every year because we are in a different place every year.

Whereever you find yourself this Easter, I hope that a piece of wonderfulness comes your way. That your heart is full and happy. Happy Easter...