Day 17...



You don't get to be almost 64 without collecting some wisdom. Whether you ever use it or not is personal and varies wildly from person to person.

You establish routines. Those that work for you are incorporated and become second nature. Some turn out to be passing fancies and don't see the light of day, for long.

I don't know how many of these journals he has. For as long as I can remember, he has carried them to every church service we have gone to. Doesn't matter what church, it is a way that he captures not only what is being preacher but his drawings are evidence of what is going on in his head.

Many, many of these pages have detailed drawings of motorcycles. Last week, it started with a sword. A few words resonated with him and at the end of the 1/2 hour of so, the page is finished. His daughter has said, she wants these journals, Someday.

We all process information differently. I used to think he wan't paying attention when he was drawing. I didn't get it but I do now. Last Sunday, I documented the process from start to finish. Sometimes, wisdom comes in the strangest of places...