day 24...



After having medical insurance for 46 years, we are headed to Places unknown. Nowhere is it written that life is fair and no more than when it comes to the simple, basics that we all have come to take, for granted.

As we count the days to Retirement 2.0, we are also trying up a few loose ends. The first few months will most certainly be lived, one day at a time. It will take a few months for SS and a company pension to kick in. The good thing is, we are mentally ready. The last 14 years, have been a great training ground. I can cook better than 90% of the meals we eat out. It is the first time in my life, I have been successful at saving money. we are ready, as much as we can be.

So, we focus on what we do have control over. I expect in 50 or so days, DH will have the start of a great beard. I always imagined him with a full, manly beard. I also imagined him with hair when this whole look would happen and we all know how that turned out. Life is full of holes. Full of expectations that never see the light of day and it is our duty, to plan but to let the fluidity of life - flow. It is normal for a tree to sway, bending farther than one could imagine. Back and forth, until it looks like there is nothing left to do but break. If the tree is rigid, there will be no movement and the break will come, much faster. I want my tree to be taken down to the ground, over and over and over again, then, look the sky in the face and say, is that all you've got?. Let's see if it is possible, let's take a chance...