monkey on your back...



Yesterday was a bad day. before the sun was even up, panic had set in.

After 46 years of having health insurance, there were less than 10 days to get a couple of procedures the doctor thought I should have done. With his words in my head, I went ballastic. Pain can cause you to lose your focus, mine was completely gone.

The 2 procedures would do nothing to fix the problem. They would indicate that either, nothing was wrong or I needed surgery. I panicked and thought I needed to get them both done, at any cost. Late into the night, it occurred to me that perhaps that was not the case. By the light of day, I was convinced that spending thousands of dollars was not the answer.

Is it the right decision? Time will tell. Exercise is my friend at the moment and as for the tailbone pain, I hope we part ways soon. I never do well in Panic mode. It isn't the right place to make big choices. It is the time to weep and understand that all you can do is make the best decision with all the information you have, at the time. Time will tell but for right now I am making choices without a monkey on my back and that, if nothing else, feels right...