the mother in all of us...



There is a very distinct drive in most women to love and protect. I would rather face a hundred men with guns drawn that a mother who is trying to protect her own. Whether to comfort or to worry, the thinking process of one who gave birth is always the same, no matter what age the child is. My amount of mind time about my girl is no different than when she was seven, only the circumstances have changed. If I perceive she is in danger, I will go after the Danger, the same way I have my entire life. We can't protect our children against everything, it is not possible and we have have to live with that. But, on my watch, there is a Real and present threat to whoever crosses our paths.

To comfort your child, is also, always a constant. You never want to stop hugging your kids but you need to balance it out with a bit of timing. Just like not grabbing your almost teenage grandson at school, because you are so happy to see him...give him a high five and a big hug later.

I am so glad I got to be a mother. It is something that I always dreamed of being. It is an honor to have one to love and cherish, whose blood is the same as yours, yet, her own person. Someone to celebrate and cry with. Someone to pray for. Someone, to love with your whole heart...