Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...


My heart is so full... Full of hopes and dreams, the promise of Christmas and the end of another calendar year. What will 2013 bring, God only knows.

But, whatever it looks like, I think I am ready as I can be. Smart enough to understand that I can still be shocked at what human beings are able to do each other. Understanding that when I walk out my front door, all bets are off.

While it may seem that I have been replaced by Debbie Downer, I am ok with that for a while. There is no set time that we bounce back and go back to normal. While the New Year brings a new start for most of us, for many it will not. It will be the same hospital room, the same empty bedroom, the same heartache, the same hunger pangs, the same unpaided bills, the same shelter that is home.

May you and yours experience the fullness of Christmas. May your hearts be full, overflowing with gratitude, no matter what. And may the New Year brings hope to each of us. Merry Christmas...