constant...



There is not one of us who doesn't think, actually believe and act upon the notion, that we have control over a good deal of our lives. That impression directly affects how we do our day to day business and lures us into a sense of security. We act like control is our constant.

Con-stant (kon'stent), not changing, continuing without pause, recurrent, continual, persistent, certain, steadfast.

That definition sure doesn't resemble the control in my life. From the little to the BIG things in my life, The idea that any control I may percieve having has any certainty to it, is laughable when put up to the z light. I can see that now but in the midst of any given situation, my perception that I save the day, seems quite plausible.

When I treat that control as a constant, I start to move into dangerous territory. When I start to believe that if I just pull my big girl panties up a little higher - I could save the world - I have already lost. The theory of control is only balanced when I use Jesus as my constant. When I see my control for what it really is, now, that's real control...

I have had some great conversations this week, The theme of each of these has been the overwhelming knowledge that we are not in control. They have each shared the common thread of understanding that truth. Our control is in how we react, in how we choose to move on. The control is about the constantness of Christ.

Not much of a planet person. How can you take that stuff seriously when you name planets after Disney characters? However I can see the Big Picture more clearly when I can imagine my little z planet revolving around the Constantness of Christ. I am constantly on the move and He is steadfast. If I choose to go out on my own, use my own control - I am just circling in the dark, aimlessly. As Dr Phil would say, and how's that working for you?

I won't always remember.

I will fail again.

I will snatch up that control and truly believe I can change the world and that's ok. I will remember my Constant eventually. The One who truly has the control. The One greater that myself. The One who truly is steadfast. The One who is constant, incarnate...Happy Friday, love zalaine.