winding down...


We had another successful night of testing and even Miss Ava seemed to enjoy herself. The boys are now camo-ready and will start with the helmets and pads in January. Oh GREAT, give them a legit reason to beat each other up - didn't know that was part of karate either.

With one more activity out of the way and only 5 days to go - we start the countdown. My DH schedule changed yesterday so he is home until noon today and then will go to work. I was suppose to have the kids today while mommy and daddy went shopping but that changed to tomorrow. The most difficult thing is merging these two schedules. Hubby has to sleep so I have to watch the kids at their house and that is hard because mommy and daddy need to get everything wrapped while the kids are gone. We will figure it out - we always do.

These last few days are overwhelming to all of us. Checking our lists, making changes in plans, remembering what we forgot - all the last minute details that we think we can't do without. The reality is while those things are all well and good, what we will all remember is the Love. I am not saying that the chocolate fountain on Christmas Eve won't be a big hit but what we will all walk away with is a sense of being loved. As I walk thru these last few days, uppermost in my mind is the love I have shared with those close to me. Perhaps no other time of year, with all the sparkles and music, are we reminded of what we already have. It is not under the tree, waiting to be unwrapped - it is here and now.

For some, there will be someone missing from the festivities this year. There will be an emptyness, a void and it will take a little bit more effort but it doesn't change the reality of what we still have, the here and now. As I walk thru the next few days, I want to purposefully enjoy what is going on around me and let the voice of the Small Stuff, evaporate and never make it to my ear. Just want to feel the Love...