back to the future...


Spring break is but a memory and the Real World beckons me back. While the weather continues to make me happy - the everydayness of life reminds me - there is work to be done. This is the last week before the big Disney trip so all those loose ends need to be tied up. There is karate testing for both boys and an Easter egg hunt. The invitations for Morgan's birthday need to go out as her party is the day after everybody's gets back. Must breathe and take it one task at a time.

Spent a few hours yesterday watching Discovery Channel's, Planet Earth. There is nothing quite like getting out of your head, to clear your mind. Not usually one to watch the whale/elephant channel, I have been capivated by what I can barely comprehend. Technology is changing what is possible to capture on camera and even as I watched it, I was reminded of what is possible.

I couldn't help thinking about God and how He put this all together. Even in the animal world or especially, life is not fair . The one who runs the fastest, gets dinner instead of being dinner. All animal babies don't grow up and die old. Momma penguins will fight over an orphaned baby and kill it rather than let one of them keep it. Maybe there are more similarities between our worlds than what I thought.

The Dr Suess quote reminds me of why I am who I am. I don't know why I wasn't born in another country, in another time.

What I know is that I am here now.
My time is now.
This is where I was meant to be.

There is no one alive who is more me than me. I have everything I need to be me. If I need something, it will come. All I have to do is be. Today and me, what else does a girl need?