time out...




We can't always be good... That being said, we can choose how to get in trouble, sometimes. He knew that pushing his little sister down would definitely get him in trouble, if he got caught. He is a bright kid - did he think his daddy wasn't going to ask him if he did it? Did he think everyone would assume that Miss M started crying for no good reason?


There wasn't Time Out when my daughter was little. I am not sure but it reminds me of the days when kids at school would wear the dunce hat.


dunce cap. 1. a tall-cone shaped hat formerly worn by slow or lazy students as a punishment. Also called a fool's cap.


So I am guessing that Time Out is somewhat along those lines without the head decoration. I would imagine that purpose of today's version is punishment plus you get the opportunity to think about what you did and be justifiably, very, very sorry.


Every generation has to find it's way. I like it better than spanking and my gk's seem to come out of it fine. Will save therapy money for something else. Maybe we should try this for Big People and the plus side would be, Big People could put themselves in Time Out. When you feel yourself losing it, you go straight to the corner until the bad feeling pass and you can play nice again.


Sometimes, we choose to take the Road that is going to lead to trouble. We know it and we do it anyway. We have made the value judgement that it is worth whatever punishment is going to come our way. We are mentally prepared and ready to go. Next time I feel that feeling, I am going to try putting myself in Time Out. Full blown, I am going to stand in the corner, face the wall and stand there until I learn my lesson. Might even offer up a little prayer while I am there. How about a catch phrase? Time Out - not just for kids anymore...