ms grumpy pants...


DH left for work a little after midnite and I climbed into the hard, smelly bed. I thought the bed smelled funny the first night but how could that be? The salesman remembered to tell me that the bed would be rock-hard for 60 days but forgot to tell me that the bed had an odor that would dissipate in 2 weeks. If you are thinking about a Temper-Pedic bed, remember this - no one would buy this bed if you had the odor/hard information upfront.
So I finally get up at 6am and try to get some housework done before DH comes home to sleep. I need to call the trash people because they left a recycling bin last week and I need more info. Admittedly, I am not into recycling. I saw Al Gore's, An Inconvenient Truth, and I get it but still wonder what one person can really do. The trash people tell me that while recycling is voluntary, paying for it is not. I will be charged- no way out. This puts me in a rather bad mood and I have to decide whether to go to a pre-planned morning visit with a few friends and grace them with my less than sparkling self.
I am still ranting and raving when I get there and put my humorous spin on it. We spend a few minutes doing girl talk but when I leave I am still steaming. On the way home, I pass a church and the reader board catches my eye, Too blessed to be stressed. Again, I get it but can't get my emotions to catch up to my brain.
After some lunch and a nap, I head for Sonic. Sonic always makes me feel better and it did for a while. I got home and realized I could continue to be mad or I could decide to stop. Then I realized, I could have stopped - hours ago but chose not too. Today was obviously a 2 steps back day.
There is a great lesson in there for me. I always have a choice. I can change my mind at any time and life isn't really that bad. I have no control over my utilitities, my bed will not stink in 2 weeks and in 2 months, I will be able to sleep like a baby. I truly am too blessed to be stressed and smart enough, to do something about it...