the simple life...


Found myself with an interesting crowd last night. It was one of those ladies parties but instead of being at a home, it was at a local home decor store. Dirt cheap prices. This place is only open 1 day a week and I've been told, if you aren't there when they open at 10am, you are already too late. My SIL's boss was the hostess and she said she had invited about 40 people and I gonna guess those 40 brought 40 more. Best Ladies party I have ever been to - no games, ackward conversation with the person next to you and no shipping to pay.
It is interesting what people buy. I find my taste changing from antiques to more Pottery Barnish and this type of decor doesn't really fit me. Tall wooden candlesticks, the Pig Chef menu board and the different round balls made of natural fibers that set in bowls on your dining room table. My daughter cleaned up - not only did she find some great deals, she found her birthday gift from me. Her birthday is just 2 months away and I would much rather get her something she really likes so it was a win-win for us.
Alot of these women were working outside the home women - ah, I remember those days. Self medicating with shopping. Justifying purchases by whatever means. I remember them well. Did it all the time and they reminded me of how much I don't miss it. They mingled and shopped and shopped and mingled. We were one of the first ones to leave.
I got home with my little purchase and walked in so thankful that I don't have to get up in the morning and see these nice ladies again. Sharing last night with them was a great reminder of all things simple and I intend to keep them that way...