freedom...






Freedom has many different faces. A picture of George W Bush at the VA hospital reminded me of my freedom yesterday. The flags of the different branches of service had the same effect. Freedom is Something that we Americans take very seriously. Whether you agree with our current war or not, I would dare say - we all support our troops. Those who put their lives on the line everyday so we can enjoy our freedom. Freedom is the backbone, it is the common denominator that holds us together. As we have all experienced this week, with that freedom - comes a heavy cost.



I walked back on the campus this morning to take more photos of the art exhibit. No one gave me a second look as I climbed the stairs with my backpack in hand. No one questioned what I was doing as I got my camera and snapped away. To have these kinds of freedom, there has to be a price, a big price to pay.



We put alot of time and effort into making sure our freedoms are not in jeopardy of being taking away or even lessened. The true lessons of this week is that true freedom doesn't come from more gun control or more laws. True freedom comes from within.



As my mind has been bombared with the news this week, I find myself waiting, for the other shoe to drop - for the next tragedy, and there will be one. The freedom I need to concentrate on, is in Jesus.



I need to look to Him.


I have to look to Him


There is no place else to look.



The Story of this week just gets more and more bizarre. At times it is more than one can comprehend and try to cope with. I feel my spirit unable to soar - unable to get off the ground. That comes from mistakeningly trying to draw on the freedom of my adopted home instead of my Real Home.



As this thought is going thru my head, I can almost begin to feel myself lift off the ground. In true Freedom, there is real pain and sorrow but it is not forever. It is not paralyzing nor is it fatal. I can not put my faith, I will not put my faith in Something that will not sustain. Whatever freedoms we have as a country, just can not compare to Freedom in Christ.



Whatever happens in war, whether on our land or lands far away, the freedom that will sustain us is one that is available to each of us. We have the freedom to choose. We live in this great country that has given us these freedoms and we need the Freedom that Christ gives to survive them...