digging up the past...



There are times in each of our lives when we need to look back at our past. We need to dig it up and look for Something. Something that has popped up in the now but is tied to the what was. These times are usually not done on a voluntary basis and depending on your own personal history, may be tough to swallow.

Nothing big going on but when I snapped this picture of Gage digging up dinosaur bones at the zoo on Friday, it reminded me of those times. The ones I have experienced and the ones that are yet to come. As he dug the sand around the bones, more and more of the bones became visible until you could see the whole thing. Not much different than Real Life.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. I have given up wishing that foresight was my default. I don't think I would learn what I need to learn if I could see everything up front. It wouldn't mean as much. Somethings I have learned to do up front and I am always grateful but I am always aware that somethings can only be learned by doing some digging.

Although I have never been to an AA meeting, I have accepted their creed as my own. To change the things I can, accept the things I can't change and the wisdom to know the difference. Pretty much a great definition of faith and a great tool to keep around when you are digging up the past...