dream...



In life there comes a time when that dream you dream becomes that thing you do...

I got back in in the car and headed home yesterday from a great day of playing with my gkids. Looked at the clock in the car, 2:58. I knew that Miss Audrey's birthday was scheduled to start in 2 minutes and when I got home, that was confirned by the first of three emails. Stuggling with my purse, trying to get my camera out, I knew this was meant fo rme to see and I didn't want to forget so driving down the road, I am taking pictures out of my windsheild - there were no drivers in peril and I was very careful but not willing to stop until I got the shot.

Flipped thru my IPod looking for songs that would fit this moment. I knew from my own DD's c-section that it would take less than 10 minutes to get the baby out but in the first email, Jessica, the official poster of the Smith family - said she would be back in 1 1/2 hours. I did fine with the music until I was almost home and Josh Groban and Charlotte Church came on with The Prayer and I lost in right in front of the Chervon station. I was home in less than a minute and continued the music while I checked out the first email.

Audrey and her family were never far from my mind as I started dinner, eat, cleaned up and headed back to my computer for an update. Praise God, she had been born and making little sounds. Her daddy was ready to give her a bath and then they were going to take photos. Her heart was weak and they didn't know how long she would live but for now... Her mother was beaming and her sisters on their way to meet her. I fell alseep for a while and ran for the computer for the next update when I woke up. Miss Audrey had lived for 2 hours and 15 minutes and then went to be with Jesus. Our wonderful poster was on her way to the hospital to be with the family.

Our last email for the night was Jessica telling about the sisters wanting to show her their little sister, Dressed in a little dress, they pushed her bonnet back to show her Audrey's fiery red hair while she lay in her mommy's arms.

I went ot bed reviewing in my mind how much this young family had to process in such a short time. it was almost midnite when I woke and started thinking about Angie having to give Audrey up. It was unsettling and I couldn't shake the feeling that it had been a terrible thing for Angie to go though. Finally settled down to a fitfull sleep and woke this morning, knowing this was going to be a difficult day for Audrey's family. None of us can ever imagine, unless you have been there.

Hold your family close because you don't know what tomorrow may bring - make today count...