facing your fears...



If only it were this easy...

Danger safely behind a protective barrier, keeping you virtually - out of harms way, then allowing you to stare down that danger, straight in the face. However that is not the case in Real Life - it can come from any angle, any direction and, at any time. Even with our secret decoder rings and spy gear, we quickly find out how clueless we really are.

These are tough times for parents. Stranger danger and regular danger are everywhere. Every time we step out our front doors, we are on alert. I spend lots of time trying to anticipate how I will behave in certain situations but until it happens, it may be all for naught. One of the certainties for me though, is language. Whether in a dream or daydreaming - when put to the test, IF extra adrenaline is needed - the language gets really bad, really quick. So here is fair warning - if you see me in a heated situation and I have some man who tried to take my babies, in a headlock - guaranteed the f bomb will be going off. As my DH always says, They picked the wrong gal to mess with. It's almost like he feels sorry for them.

The real issue is to separate what appears to be dangerous from what actually is dangerous. We get the two mixed up more often than we think. For many different reasons, we need to face the real ones - head on and act accordingly. When it is Time, really Time to face those fears, we need to know that we don't go alone. With no protective barrier to shield us, we take His hand and keep walking. How will I respond next time? Ask me when it happens. Hope I remember these words...